Problems detecting Bluetooth signal from the heart rate sensor
- Why can’t I detect the Bluetooth signal from my fitness app?
- First check Bluetooth option has been enabled on your smartphone. Next, download the free Wahoo Utility for iPhone or Wahoo Utility for Android. Wear your heart monitor -> open Wahoo Utility -> select Test Bluetooth Sensors -> select Tickr/BlueHR. If Wahoo still cannot detect a signal then the battery may need to be replaced. Please refer to printed instructions for replacing battery. If you have just received a brand new heart monitor then please contact us for further assistance before attempting battery replacement.
- Why can’t I detect the Bluetooth signal even after replacing the battery?
- In some cases the sensor may become unresponsive (bricked). You can reset the sensor by removing the battery and immediately short-circuiting both battery contacts for 10 seconds, then waiting several minutes before replacing the battery.
Problems connecting Bluetooth heart rate monitor to smartphone
- How do I pair the heart rate monitor to my smartphone using Bluetooth?
- You must pair the heart rate monitor in the app settings, rather than in Bluetooth phone settings. Pairing your heart rate monitor in one app does not automatically pair it in another app, and each app pairs heart rate monitors differently. The heart rate monitor transmitter is activated automatically by wearing the chest strap and connecting the sensor to the strap. Click here for fitting instructions.
- Why can’t a new app I’ve just downloaded find the heart rate monitor?
- There may be another app running in the background which is currently connected and communicating with the heart rate monitor. This prevents the heart rate monitor from being found by another app. Terminate any other fitness apps running in the background app(s) before attempting to pair with a new app you’ve just downloaded. You should only need to setup the heart rate monitor once for each app, and then easily switch between them. Click here to setup your heart rate monitor with any one of our recommended apps.
- Why can’t I pair the heart rate monitor in my smartphone’s Bluetooth settings?
- Your heart rate monitor is a Bluetooth Smart device which transmits data using the Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (BTLE) system. Most smartphones are Bluetooth Smart Ready which can support your heart rate monitor. While these phones will allow pairing to Standard Bluetooth devices in phone settings, like wireless speakers, they won’t allow pairing to BTLE devices in phone settings, like your heart rate monitor. Pairing to a BTLE heart rate monitor should be performed inside each app that supports the BTLE system.
How to test Bluetooth connection
If youâ€™re still having problems pairing to your chosen app, we suggest downloading the free Wahoo Utility for iPhone or Wahoo Utility for Android. This app tests the connection between your phone and the heart rate monitor. Before launching the Wahoo Utility app, ensure you disconnect any other apps which may have an existing connection to the heart rate monitor (for iPhone double-click Home button and swipe-up app. For Android open phone Settings → Application manager → Select app → Force stop). Then wear your heart monitor -> open Wahoo Utility -> select Test Bluetooth Sensors -> select Tickr/BlueHR. Your heart monitor should be connected and displaying heart rate.